Flu Season 2023
2023 Flu vaccination appointments NOW BOOKING
Each year, flu not only leads to many preventable deaths and serious illnesses, but also stretches local NHS services to the brink of collapse. At Trinity Medical Centre, we are eager to relieve such pressure as well as ensuring that those who are most vulnerable are protected, therefore we would like to invite eligible patients in to receive their flu vaccination with us here at the surgery. Evidence has shown that those most vulnerable to serious complications with flu, and who therefore gain most benefit from the vaccination, are those over 65 years of age, patients with a long-term condition, pregnant women and young children.
- 65 years of age and over
- Children born on or after 1/9/19 and on or before 31/8/21 will be eligible to receive the Fluenz nasal spray here in surgery unless the influenza vaccination is contraindicated. Any children born outside of these dates will receive the vaccination in School
- Frontline health and social care workers, carers or you live with someone who is immunocompromised – see link for further information https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
- Anyone who is aged from 6 months – 64 years and classed as clinically vulnerable – see link for further information https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
Everyone 65 and over is also eligible for a one-off pneumonia vaccination unless clinically indicated that they require more than one. If you are 65 and over and have not yet had a pneumonia vaccine, we may be able to do this at the same time as your flu vaccine. Please speak with the clinician on the day, if we are unable to do that day then we will get you booked in to see one of our nursing team in the following weeks.
If you are eligible, you will soon be receiving an invite to book an appointment with us. We have multiple options available to book these appointments:
- Patient Access – you must have signed up for this online service (if you have not and would like to, please follow this link to get a copy of the required form Adult-application-for-Online-Access.pdf (trinitymedicalcentrehove.co.uk)
- Self-Book – if you are eligible, you will receive an SMS message with a link to follow which will allow you to find and book the most appropriate slot for you. This link is valid for 7 days
- Telephone – you can contact the surgery and speak with one of our patient care-coordinators who will be able to book you an appointment (please call after 10.30 to book)
- Front Desk – you can come to the reception desk and book with the patient care-coordinator
PLEASE NOTE: If you book an appointment and you are not eligible, we will not be able to administer a vaccine and we will have to turn you away
Think you have the flu? check the link below for symptoms and how to treat it without going to your GP.