Trinity Medical Centre
1 Goldstone Villas, Hove, BN3 3AT
Current time is 16:25 - Sorry, we're closed
Telephone: 01273 email@example.com
Stop smoking advice and services
It is never too late to stop smoking, if you are serious about stopping we can provide you with 1:1 smoking cessation advice or we can provide help and information about the local smoking cessation group where you can get support from fellow smokers who wish to give up.
- Smoking kills over 100,000 people per year in the United Kingdom.
- Smokers are more likely to get ill and die earlier than non-smokers.
- Nicotine is ten times more addictive than heroin.
The Smoking Cessation Group has a number of tips to help you stop:
- Plan your attempt to quit smoking
- Pick a date and keep to it
- Support from family and friends is vital
- Reward yourself with ‘treats’ from the money you save
- Always take one day at a time
- Be positive
Your doctor will be able to advise you about Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). NRT increases your chances of quitting successfully. The products are available on prescription.
1 to 1 smoking cessation help and advice is offered locally at Trinity Medical Centre by our Nurses and healthcare assistants. Please call to make an appointment.
Call the NHS Smoking Helpline 0800 169 0169
VIsit NHS Chioices section on stopping smoking for further help and advice.
Good Luck! Remember its never too late to give up.